Current Affairs 8 August 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 7 August 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 7, 2020
- Supreme Court of India has mandated Municipal corporations and state pollution boards to upload Covid-19 waste disposal data on COVID19BWM app. Who has developed the App?
A) Narcotics Control Bureau
B) NITI Aayog
C) National Security Council
D) Central Pollution Control Board
- Which section of the Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor is among the first tracks in India where the New Track Construction machine has been used for tracking construction?
- In which district will the India’s first conversation centre for snow leopards be opened?
- Which state government has rolled out mobile covid-19 testing centers based on ‘Intelligent Monitoring Analysis Services Quarantine’ (iMASQ) technology?
B) Madhya Pradesh
C) Jammu and Kashmir
D) Arunachal Pradesh
- Which state government is going to set up industrial parks for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) in its 6 districts?
C) Uttar Pradesh
- ‘Dodo Drop’ app developed by 17-years old teen Ashfaq Mehmood Choudhary is an alternative to which of the following Chinese Apps?
- Which country’s government has decided to issue a commemorative coin to mark the 150th birthday anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi?
B) Saudi Arabia
- Which company has received approval from US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for its Project Kuiper low orbit satellite constellation, to provide Internet access?
- Which company became the world’s most valuable company with its market value overtaking Saudi Aramco?
- According to the Asian Development Bank, if the Covid-19 economic impact persists throughout the year, global remittances can fall by how much?
A) 108.6 billion dollars
B) 123.5 billion dollars
C) 135.2 billion dollars
D) 156.4 billion dollars
- Who is the head of the committee formed by the Reserve Bank of India to allow lenders to provide one-time restructuring facility on a few loans?
A) Rajiv Kumar
B) Amitabh Kant
C) KV Kamath
D) Mohammad Mustafa
- How much additional special liquidity facility (ASLF) has been announced by the Reserve Bank of India to NABARD and National Housing Bank (NHB) each?
A) Rs. 8000 cr
B) Rs. 10000 cr
C) Rs. 6000 cr
D) Rs. 5000 cr
- According to the FutureBrand Index 2020, what is the rank of Reliance Industries in terms of the biggest brands of the world?
- Which telecom company inked a multi-year strategic pact with Amazon Web Services (AWS) for AWS solutions?
B) Bharti Airtel
C) Vodafone Idea
- To offer shop insurance Airtel Payments Bank has tied up with which insurance company?
A) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
B) TATA AIG General Insurance Company Limited
C) Bharti Axa General Insurance
D) Reliance General Insurance Company Limited
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is willing to finance how much amount to India for improving the health infrastructure at the district level?
A) $8 billion
B) $4 billion
C) $3 billion
D) $6 billion
- Which company has launched Mhealthy, a solution to enable workforce and community safety against COVID-19?
A) Tech Mahindra
B) Larsen & Turbo
- Who has been appointed as the Chairman-cum-Managing Director of Oriental Insurance Company Ltd?
A) Shri Gangwar
B) Sushil Koirala
C) M. S. Sahoo
- Who has been appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Motilal Oswal Financial Services Ltd (MOFSL)?
A) Shravan Malhotra
B) Navin Agarwal
C) Sumit Nagpal
D) Rahul Dey
- Which of the following won the 18th FICCI CSR Award for Environment Sustainability?
A) Ashok Leyland Limited
B) Syngene International Limited
C) Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited
D) Dalmia Bharat Group
- Hasmukhbhai Joshi who passed away recently was related to which sport?
- Who is the author of the book titled “Amazing Ayodhya”?
A) Sanjana Shukla
B) Preeti Desai
C) Neena Rai
D) Kamini Khana
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of National Housing Bank located?
A) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of Bharti Axa General Insurance located?
- Where is the HQ of The Oriental Insurance Company located?
A) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of Motilal Oswal AMC located?