Current Affairs Quiz 13 April 2017. This Quiz is divided into two parts. First part contains questions from Current Affairs of 12 April 2017. The Second Part contains Current Affairs Questions from various newspaper of today i.e 13 April 2017. Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper daily to excel in General Awareness section of competitive exam.
Quiz from Current Affairs 12 April 2017 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of April 12, 2017
- To promote cashless transactions, the Department of Posts has joined hands with the State Bank of India. Postal Department will promote which of the following product of SBI?
A) SBI Internet Banking
B) State Bank MobiCash
C) SBI buddy e-wallet
D) SBI Pay
Explanation: Under the agreement, the postal department will promote ‘SBI buddy e-wallet’ and POS machines to facilitate digitalisation of cash transactions for cashless transactions in the post office counters for booking of Speed Post and Registered Post articles.
- Maitree Super Thermal Power Project is in which country?
- Maitree Super Thermal Power Project is a joint venture between which two country?
A) Bangladesh- India
B) Bangladesh- China
C) Bangladesh- Nepal
D) Bangladesh- Myanmar
Explanation: Bangladesh- India. It is a joint venture company and incorporated pursuant to the Joint Venture Agreement executed on 29 January 2012 between Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB) and NTPC Limited (NTPC) with equal equity participation of BPDB and NTPC. The Company has been promoted by, and with equal (50:50) equity participation of Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB) and NTPC Limited of India.
- What amount has EXIM bank extended as loan to Bangladesh India Friendship Power Company Ltd (BIFPCL) for financing 1,320 MW ultra-super-critical Maitree Super Thermal Power Project in Bangladesh?
A) $1.3 billion
B) $1.6 billion
C) $2.3 billion
D) $1.1 billion
Explanation: The Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) has extended $1.6 billion loan to the Bangladesh India Friendship Power Company Ltd (BIFPCL) for financing 1,320 MW ultra-super-critical Maitree Super Thermal Power Project in Bangladesh.
- As part of the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) compliance what is the last date for account holders to submit self-certification forms?
A) May 31, 2017
B) April 30, 2017
C) June 30, 2017
D) July 31, 2017
Explanation: As part of the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) compliance, the bank accounts opened between July 1, 2014, and August 31, 2015, are required to submit self certification forms by April 30 this year failing which the accounts will be blocked.
- The number of centrally sponsored schemes have been reduced from 66 to ___.
Explanation: The government has reduced the number of centrally sponsored schemes (CSS) to 28 umbrella schemes from 66
- India has signed a sports partnership with which country for establishment of a National Sports University?
Explanation: Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said under the new partnership Victoria University and the University of Canberra would work with India to assist in the establishment of a National Sports University similar to the Australian Institute of Sport.
- Union Cabinet has approved signing of Framework of Understanding (FoU) on Cooperation in the Hydrocarbon Sector with which country?
Explanation: The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved signing of Framework of Understanding (FoU) on Cooperation in the Hydrocarbon Sector with Bangladesh.
- Which port has been adjudged as the cleanest port in India as per the Quality Council of India (QCI)?
A) Kandla Port
B) Visakhapatnam Port
C) V.O.Chidambaranar Port
D) Haldia port
Explanation: The Haldia port of West Bengal has emerged as the cleanest in a first-ever ranking of all major Indian ports on sanitation parameters.
- What amount has government approved for setting up the Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) in Andhra Pradesh?
A) Rs 200 crore
B) Rs 655.46 crore
C) Rs 855 crore
D) Rs 615.24 crore
Explanation: The cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, also approved Rs 655.46 crore as capital expenditure to set up the “institute of national importance” in the coastal district of Visakhapatnam. This is besides the Rs 200 crore contribution from oil companies towards its endowment fund.
- Which Indian city has topped the ranking of top-paying city for professionals in India as per the Randstad Salary Trends Study 2017?
Explanation: Bengaluru has been ranked the top-paying city for professionals in India with an average yearly salary of ₹14.6 lakh, by the Randstad Salary Trends Study 2017. It was followed by Mumbai and Hyderabad with average yearly salaries of ₹14.2 lakh and ₹13.6 lakh respectively. Java programmers are the best-paid professionals in the country, with an average salary of ₹18 lakh.
- Which city hosted India’s first-ever micro-drama festival?
Explanation: Named after Thespis of Icaria, believed to be the first actor in Greek drama (6th century BC), the day-long event ‘Thespis’ saw screening of 28 independent plays at the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Art.
- Which Indian actor has been honoured with the Living Legend Lifetime Award by the Punjab Association?
A) Rishi Kapoor
B) Amitabh Bachchan
C) Dilip Kumar
Explanation: Veteran actor Dilip Kumar was honoured with the Living Legend Lifetime Award by the Punjab Association
- Which of the following novel has won the Pulitzer prize for fiction?
A) Forget Me Not, Stranger
B) The Underground Railroad
C) The Girl on the Train
D) Rogue Lawyer
Explanation: The Underground Railroad
- Who is the author of the book “The Underground Railroad”?
A) Colson Whitehead
B) Lynn Nottage
C) Matthew Desmond
D) Tyehimba Jess
Explanation: Colson Whitehead
- Airtel and BSNl have signed with which technology company to set up 5G internet speed in India?
B) Google India
D) Microsoft India
Explanation: Global technology major Nokia and India’s leading network service provider Airtel along with state-owned network BSNL have announced that they have planned a strategy to reach the network evolution to 5G services introduce a fast internet ecosystem in the country.
- Which country won the 5th Asian School Hockey Championship?
Explanation: India defeated Malaysia
- Aishbagh Field Hockey Stadium is located in which state?
B) Madhya Pradesh
C) West Bengal
Explanation: Bhopal, MP.
5th Asian School Hockey Championship was held at the Aishbagh Hockey Stadium.
- Which Indian cricketer has been named as the ambassador for ICC Champions Trophy 2017?
A) Sachin Tendulkar
B) Sunil Gavaskar
C) Harbhajan Singh
D) Zaheer Khan
Explanation: Veteran Indian off-spinner Harbhajan Singh was named one of the eight ambassadors for the ICC Champions Trophy scheduled in England from June 1 to 18. Other ambassadors are – Pakistan’s Shahid Afridi, Bangladesh’s Habibul Bashar, England’s Ian Bell, New Zealand’s Shane Bond, Australia’s Mike Hussey, Kumar Sangakkara of Sri Lanka and Graeme Smith of South Africa.
- Akhilesh Das who passed away recently was related to which field?
Explanation: Das was the Minister of State for Steel in the Manmohan Singh-led government in 2004-09.
- Who is the author of the book titled ‘Matoshree’?
A) M. Veerappa Moily
B) Pranab Mukherjee
C) M. Venkaiah Naidu
D) Sumitra Mahajan
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a book ‘Matoshree’, authored by Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan in New Delhi.
Current Affairs Quiz from Today’s Newspaper (13 April 2017) – The Hindu
- This year The Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) will give honorary life membership to how many Indian Woman cricketer?
Explanation: The nine cricketers are Diana Edulji, Shanta Rangaswamy, Shubhangi Kulkarni, Sudha Shah, Sandhya Agarwal, Neetu David, Gargi Banerjee, Shashi Gupta, Amita Sharma.
- As per the Death Penalty Report 2016 of The Amnesty International which country carried out the most number of executions?
Explanation: As per the report, most executions took place in China, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Pakistan in the same order.
- Who is the author of the book titled ” Hope in a Challenged Democracy: An Indian Narrative “?
A) Ramesh Mahajan
B) Kiran Nagarkar
C) Ashwin Sanghi
D) Ashwani Kumar
Explanation: Vice President of India M. Hamid Ansari received the first copy of the book, which is authored by Ashwini Kumar.
- President Pranab Mukherjee presented National Geoscience Awards 2016 to how many scientists?
Explanation: A total of twenty-seven geoscientists received the prestigious National Geoscience Awards 2016, as individuals or team, for meritorious contributions in twelve fields of geosciences.
5 Thoughts to “Current Affairs Quiz: April 13, 2017”
Thank u sir
I?m not sure the place you’re getting your information, however good topic. I must spend some time studying much more or figuring out more. Thank you for wonderful information I was looking for this information for my mission.
I have mastered some important things through your website post. One other point I would like to mention is that there are various games available on the market designed specially for preschool age small children. They incorporate pattern recognition, colors, wildlife, and designs. These typically focus on familiarization rather than memorization. This will keep little kids occupied without having the experience like they are learning. Thanks