Daily Current Affairs 16 July 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Union Agriculture Minister Shri Tomar launches Platform of Platforms (POP) under eNAM
The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, launched the Platform of Platforms (POP) under the National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) on the sidelines of the State Agriculture and Horticulture Ministers’ Conference in Bengaluru, Karnataka. Equity grant of over Rs 37 crore was also released to 1,018 Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) that will benefit about 3.5 lakh farmers.
CM Dhami launches Uttarakhand Police, e-FIR mobile apps in Dehradun
Chief minister Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the Uttarakhand police app and e-FIR service in Dehradun. The police app is an integrated version of five online services provided by the State police.
- Speaking on the occasion, Dhami said that the people will get better facilities through the app. He said that this is a good effort made on the government’s policy of simplification, solution and resolution. This is also a commendable initiative to execute Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s idea of smart policing, he said.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Vedanta partners IIT Madras incubated start-up for AI based safety technologies
Metal and oil and gas producer Vedanta has teamed up with Detect Technologies, an IIT Madras-incubated startup, to implement safety incident detection by deploying T-Pulse HSSE Monitoring System, based on artificial intelligence (AI), across all its business units.
- The collaboration is in line with Vedanta group’s commitment to zero harm by implementing AI enabled safety monitoring of workplaces which is a key initiative in its digital transformation roadmap.
RIL partners with Athletics Federation to support Indian athletes
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) and the Athletics Federation of India (AFI) have entered into a long-term partnership to enable the holistic growth of athletics in India.
- The partnership aims to discover, nurture and develop Indian athletes from across the country and provide them with world-class facilities, coaching and sports science and medicine support by leveraging the Reliance Foundation ecosystem including the Odisha Reliance Foundation Athletics High-Performance Center and Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital.
Airtel allots 7.1 crore equity shares to Google for 1.2% stake
Telecom operator Bharti Airtel has allotted over 7.1 crore equity shares to internet major Google for Rs 734 apiece.
- The allotment is part of Google’s commitment to invest USD 1 billion with Airtel, which included equity investment in the company worth USD 700 million, about Rs 5,224 crore.
- Google made the investment as part of its USD 10-billion India Digitization Fund.
- Google has also invested Rs 33,737 crore (about USD 4.5 billion) to buy 7.73 percent stake in Jio Platforms just a couple of days after it made an announcement about the India Digitization Fund.
Google Parent Alphabet names Goldman Sachs Veteran to board
Wall Street veteran Marty Chavez has joined the board of Google parent Alphabet Inc., adding significant finance muscle to the technology giant.
Maharashtra Guv felicitates Dia Mirza, Afroz Shah with Harmony Foundation’s ‘Mother Teresa Memorial Awards’
The United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) National Goodwill Ambassador Ms. Dia Mirza, and Environmental Activist Mr. Afroz Shah were felicitated with the prestigious Mother Teresa Memorial Awards for Social Justice 2021 by the Governor of Maharashtra Hon. Bhagat Singh Koshyari.
- Ms. Dia Mirza was awarded for her astounding and notable efforts in leading pivotal environmental campaigns across India as the Goodwill Ambassador of UNEP, India.
- Mr. Afroz Shah was awarded for his impeccable and seminal efforts to lead one of the world’s largest beach clean-up movements in India that have inspired people around the world.
- Each year, the Harmony Foundation identifies a theme for the Mother Teresa Memorial Awards and the Harmony International Conference that aligns with the need of the hour affecting humanity worldwide.
British Parliament felicitates BCCI President Sourav Ganguly as a ‘Bengali’
Former India captain and current BCCI president Sourav Ganguly was felicitated by the British Parliament.
- The Indian cricket legend was felicitated on the same date July 13 when he led India to Natwest final win in 2002 and exactly 20 years later on the same day he was honoured in the same city.
Japan awards Ex-PM Shinzo Abe country’s highest order posthumously
The Japanese government has decided to award former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe with the country’s highest order posthumously.
- Abe will receive the Supreme Order of the Chrysanthemum. The longest-serving PM of Japan will be the fourth former prime minister to receive the decoration under the postwar Constitution.