Daily Current Affairs 2 July 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
PM Modi inaugurates Bosch India’s ‘smart’ campus in Bengaluru
Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated Bosch India’s first smart campus in Bengaluru built at a cost of Rs 800 crore.
- “This campus will take lead in developing futuristic products and solutions for India and for the world. I urge Bosch to think of doing more in India and set goals for the next 25 years,” he said while inaugurating the Bosch Smart Campus.
Mumbai, Delhi most expensive cities for expatriates in India: Mercer study
Mumbai and Delhi rank among the top 40 most expensive cities in Asia for expatriates, and Kolkata is the least expensive city, says a report.
- According to Mercer’s 2022 Cost of Living survey, Mumbai (127) is the costliest city in India in terms of both living expenses and accommodation costs. This is followed by New Delhi (155), Chennai (177), Bengaluru (178), and Hyderabad (192), while Pune (201) and Kolkata (203) are the least expensive Indian cities in the ranking.
UK announces 75 scholarships for Indian students on 75th year of Independence
The UK government has partnered with businesses in India to offer 75 fully funded scholarships for Indian students to study in Britain from September to mark the country’s 75th year of Independence.
- This is the highest number of fully funded scholarships given by the UK for the one-year master’s programme to date. HSBC, Pearson India, Hindustan Unilever, Tata Sons and Duolingo are among the businesses supporting this special initiative.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
CCI approves Google’s proposed stake buy in Bharti Airtel
Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved Google’s proposed acquisition of a minority stake in telecom major Bharti Airtel.
- The deal has been cleared on the basis of modifications offered by the acquirer, according to an official release.
- Google International LLC and Airtel have entered into an investment agreement to buy a minority and non-controlling stake of 1.28 per cent of equity share capital in the telecom player.
Adani Sportsline collaborates with Indian Olympic Association as principal sponsor
Adani Sportsline, the sports arm of the Adani Group, has become an official partner with the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) for the upcoming Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022, Hangzhou Asian Games 2022, and Paris Olympic Games 2024.
- This is the second time that the Adani Group has come on board with IOA. The earlier association was in 2021 when the group sponsored the Indian Contingent during the Tokyo Olympics.
Novak Djokovic becomes 1st player to win 80 matches in all four Grand Slams
Novak Djokovic became the first player in history to win 80 matches in all four Grand Slams when he defeated Kwon Soon-woo 6-3, 3-6, 6-3, 6-4 on Centre Court for his 80th win in Wimbledon.
- Djkovic overcame the 81st-ranked Korean Kwon Soon-woo to reach the Wimbledon second round.
Ferdinand Marcos Jr. takes oath as Philippine president
Ferdinand Marcos Jr, the son of late dictator Ferdinand Marcos Sr, won the elections on 9th May with 31.6 million votes and was sworn in as the 17th President of the Philippines.
Eknath Shinde takes oath as Maharashtra CM, Devendra Fadnavis as his deputy
Eknath Shinde took oath as the new chief minister of Maharashtra at the Raj Bhavan. Bharatiya Janata Party leader Devendra Fadnavis was sworn in as the deputy chief minister.
- Shinde, who served as the urban development minister in the previous Maha Vikas Aghadi government, rebelled against Shiv Sena boss and then chief minister Uddhav Thackeray. He along with 39 other Sena MLAs camped at a hotel in Guwahati and later in Goa, reducing the Aghadi government to a minority.
Ashok Soota conferred with CII Quality Ratna Award 2021
Ashok Soota, founder and Executive Chairman of Happiest Minds Technologies, has been conferred with CII Quality Ratna Award 2021.
- The CII Awards Committee unanimously concurred to bestow the 2021 Award to Mr. Soota considering his significant contribution to building the competitiveness of the Indian industry through quality Initiatives.
Malayalam actor Ambika Rao passes away
Malayalam actress and assistant director Ambika Rao passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest. She was 58. The actress was best known for her role in the popular family drama Kumbalangi Nights.