Daily Current Affairs 25 July 2023 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
CM inaugurates Delhi’s first RO ‘water ATM’
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal unveiled Delhi’s first ‘water ATM’ aiming to offer water access in regions without piped supply and reducing reliance on water tankers.
- These water ATM machines will grant underprivileged sections of the city the same quality of RO(Reverse Osmosis) water that has traditionally been available to more affluent segments of society.
Tamil Nadu CM inaugurates registration camp for women to avail Rs 1,000 monthly assistance scheme
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister, M K Stalin has inaugurated a camp to facilitate the registration of applicants to avail the Rs.1,000 monthly assistance scheme.About 35,923 camps are set to be held across the state for the registration process.
- The first phase of this registration camp for Dharmapuri district would be held from July 24 to August 4 which aims to cover 2,21,484 ration card holders.The second of this camp would be conducted between 5 August and 16 August to cover 2,47,111 ration card holders.
- Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thittam is the major socio economic welfare scheme of Tamil Nadu Government which will going to launch on 15th of September 2023 under the Department of Social Welfare and Women Empowerment.
Jammu to pioneer India’s first Cannabis Medicine Project
Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology, MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh has said, Jammu is going to pioneer India’s first Cannabis Medicine Project.
- Cannabis Research Project of CSIR-IIIM Jammu is a first of its kind in India initiated under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in Private Public Partnership with a Canadian firm, which has a great potential to put substance of abuse for the good of mankind especially for patients suffering from neuropathies, cancer and epilepsy.
Russia bans sex change and transgender marriages
Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a new legislation that deals a significant blow to the LGBTQ+ community in the country.
- The act, passed unanimously by both houses of parliament, strictly prohibits individuals from officially or medically changing their gender, further marginalizing Russia’s embattled LGBTQ+ population.
- The new legislation imposes a comprehensive ban on various aspects related to gender changes.It prohibits any medical interventions aimed at altering a person’s sex and also bars individuals from changing their gender in official documents or public records.
India is expanding its STAR-C to Pacific Island countries
India is considering expanding its solar STAR-C initiative, run by the International Solar Alliance, to a number of Pacific Island countries, according to persons aware of the matter.
- The programme aims to boost solar power ecosystems in the poorest countries. In the Pacific, it currently runs in Tonga.
- The main objective of STAR-C is to create a strong network of institutional capacities within IAS member states to enhance quality infrastructure for the uptake of solar energy product and service markets, particularly in least developed countries and small island developing states.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI includes ‘NongHyup Bank’ in the List of Scheduled Banks under Schedule II of RBI Act, 1934
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced the addition of “NongHyup Bank” to the Second Schedule of the RBI Act, 1934.
- This significant move marks a pivotal moment for NongHyup Bank, which hails from Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea, and has been actively operating in India since its establishment in 2016.
- The inclusion in the Second Schedule is set to enhance the bank’s presence and further its financial endeavors in the Indian market.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
PFC becomes 1st member from India to join Asia Transition Finance Study Group
Power Finance Corporation Ltd(PFC) has achieved a milestone by becoming the first Indian participant in the Asia Transition Finance Study Group (ATFSG), an initiative spearheaded by the Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) to promote sustainable transition finance in Asian countries.
- By becoming a part of this initiative, PFC will not only contribute India’s perspective but also collaborate on devising policy considerations to facilitate efficient energy transition financing.
CAIT and Meta expand ‘WhatsApp Se Wyapaar’ partnership
Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) and Meta, the parent company of Facebook, have announced the expansion of their ‘WhatsApp Se Wyapaar’ program.
- The initiative aims to digitally train and upskill 10 million local traders using the WhatsApp Business App, with the goal of empowering small enterprises across India.
- This collaboration comes as a continuation of Meta’s commitment to upskill one million traders on the WhatsApp Business App, as announced in June.
Shubhankar Sharma brings his ‘A’ game to record best finish by an Indian at The Open
Shubhankar Sharma recorded the best result by an Indian golfer at the Open after finishing in tied-eighth position at the Royal Liverpool Golf Club in Merseyside, England.
- The 27-year-old compiled a round of 70 and finished on four under par, eight strokes behind runaway leader Brian Harman.
- The Open Championship golf, also called the British Open, is the oldest and most prestigious golf tournament in the world.
Kartik Aaryan to be honoured with Rising Global Superstar of Indian Cinema award at IFFM
Bollywood actor Kartik Aaryan will be honoured with the Rising Global Superstar of Indian Cinema award at the annual awards Gala night of the 14th Indian Film Festival of Melbourne on August 11.
- The award will be presented by the Governor of Victoria, recognising Kartik’s remarkable achievements and his significant impact on the world of Indian cinema.
- The festival celebrates the diversity and richness of Indian cinema, showcasing the talent and creativity of Indian filmmakers to a global audience.