Daily Current Affairs 26 & 27 January 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Prasar Bharati and the National Media Authority (NMA) of Egypt signs MoU to exchange programmes for TV and Radio
India and Egypt signed an MOU to facilitate content exchange, capacity building, and Co-Productions between Prasar Bharati and National Media Authority of Egypt.
- The MOU is part of the efforts by Prasar Bharati to expand the reach of DD India Channel to show-case the country’s progress through programs focussed on economy, technology, social development and also the rich cultural heritage.
- Under the ambit of this MoU, both the broadcasters will exchange their programs of different genres like Sports, News, Culture, Entertainment and many more areas on bilateral basis and these programs will be telecast on their Radio and Television platforms.
Indian Navy’s “TROPEX 2023” maritime exercise held in the Indian Ocean
The theatre level naval exercise TROPEX 2023 is being conducted for a period of three months from January to March, 2023 in the Indian Ocean Region. During the exercise, all surface combatants of the Indian Navy are taking part in complex maritime operational deployments.
- The Navy assets include Destroyers, Frigates, Corvettes as well as submarines and aircraft. The participation of key assets of the Navy would validate and refine the Navy’s concept of operations including operational logistics and interoperability with other services.
- The biennial maritime exercise is being undertaken in several phases, both on harbour and at sea, and it includes live weapon firing as well as numerous aspects of military operations.
Visakhapatnam Railway Station awarded ‘Green Railway Station Certificate’
Visakhapatnam railway station of East Coast Railway has been awarded the ‘Green Railway Station Certification with highest rating of Platinum’ by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) for adopting green concepts thereby reducing the adverse environmental impact.
- DRM/ Waltair, Anup Satpathy received the certification from Dr S Vijayakumar, Chairman, IGBC Visakhapatnam Chapter at a function organised at Visakhapatnam.
- Visakhapatnam is one of the few railway stations to get this prestigious certificate. Visakhapatnam secured 82 out of 100 points in six environmental categories.
India elected as Vice-chair at the 12th session of FAO’s Intergovernmental Technical Working Group (ITWG)
In the recently concluded 12th session of the Intergovernmental Technical Working Group (ITWG) on Animal Genetic Resources (AnGR) at Rome for January 18 -20, 2023, India was elected as Vice-Chair and represented Asia and Pacific region.
- The Working Group, established by the FAO’s Commission on Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (CGRFA), functions to review technical issues, advise and make recommendations to the Commission and further implement the Commission’s program related to AnGR at the global level.
BANKING & FINANCE
EPFO launches massive outreach programme in all districts through revamped ‘Nidhi Aapke Nikat’ programme
Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation, EPFO, launched a massive outreach programme in all the districts through a revamped ‘Nidhi Aapke Nikat’ programme for expanding its presence across the country.
- The aim of this programme is to reach all the districts on 27th of every month and strengthen the relationship between the organization and its stakeholders. In this direction, EPFO organized camps in 685 districts.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
UN slashes India’s economic growth forecast by 20 bps to 5.8% for 2023
The United Nations pared down India’s growth forecast by 20 basis points to 5.8 per cent for 2023 calendar year, citing higher interest rates and risks of recession in the developed world weighing on investment and exports.
- Economic growth in India is projected to moderate in 2023, with higher interest rates weighing on investment and slower global growth weakening exports,” it said in its latest World Economic Situation and Prospects report.
- The report has projected global trade to contract 0.4 per cent and the world economy to grow at 1.9 per cent in 2023. Global trade has softened due to tapering demand for consumer goods, the protracted war in Ukraine and continued supply chain challenges,the report said.
RBI approves appointment of Prabdev Singh as India head of JP Morgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. has received approval from India’s central bank to name Prabdev Singh as the lender’s chief executive officer in the country.
- Singh had been JPMorgan’s interim CEO since November, replacing Madhav Kalyan who in October was named head of payments for Asia Pacific.
- Singh, a trained engineer, had worked for a decade at HSBC Holdings Plc before joining JPMorgan in 2010.
Gallantry Awards: President Droupadi Murmu approves 412 Gallantry Awards
President Droupadi Murmu approved 412 gallantry awards including six Kirti Chakras and 15 Shaurya Chakras on the eve of 74th Republic Day. Out of the six Kirti Chakras, four were conferred posthumously. Similarly, two Shaurya Chakras were awarded posthumously.
- These include six Kirti Chakras, including four posthumous, and 15 Shaurya Chakras including two posthumous. These include one Bar to Sena Medal (Gallantry), 92 Sena Medals, including four posthumous, one Nao Sena Medal (Gallantry), seven Vayu Sena Medals (Gallantry) and 29 Param Vishisht Seva Medals.
- President has also awarded President’s Tatrakshak Medal and Tatrakshak Medal to Indian Coast Guard Personnel for their act of conspicuous gallantry, exceptional devotion to duty and distinguished service.
- Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh has approved 62 Mentioned in Despatches to Armed Forces personnel.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Canada to commercialise world’s first photonic-based quantum computer
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has announced a new federal investment to build and commercialise the world’s first photonic-based, fault-tolerant quantum computer.
- The Prime Minster’s website, the investment of 40 million Canadian dollars ($32 million) will enable Xanadu Quantum Technologies Inc., a Toronto-based Canadian quantum computing company, to develop the quantum computer which will have the potential to provide world leading capabilities to help solve complex data problems and could be used in a variety of sectors such as finance, transportation, environmental modelling, and health.
Sabir Ali, Iron Man of India, passes away at the age of 67
‘Ironman of India’ Sabir Ali, who won the decathlon gold at the 1981 Asian Athletics Championships in Tokyo, passed away. He was 67.
- Ali, who retired from Railways, won the title in the Japanese capital with a tally of 7,253 points beating Japan’s Nobuya Saito (7,078) and China’s Zu Qilin (7,074). He also won two silver medals at the South Asian Federation Games held in Kathmandu and Dhaka.
3 Thoughts to “Daily Current Affairs 26th & 27th January , 2023”
It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d without a doubt donate to this excellent blog! I guess for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates and will share this website with my Facebook group. Talk soon!
Thanks for sharing excellent informations. Your site is so cool. I’m impressed by the details that you?¦ve on this blog. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for extra articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found simply the info I already searched everywhere and simply could not come across. What a great web-site.