Daily Current Affairs 29 July 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
7th Economic Census begins from Tripura
The Government of India began the 7th Economic Census from Tripura. Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) will conduct the census. It will be conducted after a gap of 5 years.
- The fieldwork is expected to be completed by December and the results at the national level is expected to be available by March 2020.
Girish Bapat appointed as chairman of estimates committee
Girish Bapat has been appointed the chairman of the “Estimates Committee” of the parliament. Estimates committee is one of the three financial standing committees of the parliament apart from the public accounts committee and committee on public undertakings.
Odisha Rasagola receives GI tag
Odisha has received the official recognition for its ‘Odisha Rasagola’ from the Geographical Indication (GI) of India.
- Odisha had moved the GI Registry for GI tag for its own version of Rasagola after West Bengal was awarded the GI tag for its ‘Banglar Rasagulla’ in 2017.
Nepal invited as a partner country for Gita Jayanti Mahotsav 2019
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has invited Nepal to be the partner country for this year’s ‘Gita Jayanti Mahotsav 2019’ scheduled to be held at Kurukshetra.
- He extended the invitation to Ambassador of Nepal to India Nilamber Acharya.
BANKING & FINANCE
Cars24 receives NBFC License to offer Vehicle Loans to Customers
Gurugram-based online used car marketplace Cars24 said that it has procured an non-banking financial company (NBFC) license from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and will be venturing into the consumer lending business. The company has formed a new entity — CARS24 Financial Services — for the same.
Khelo India Youth Games 2020 to be held in Guwahati
The 3rd edition of Khelo India Youth Games 2020 will be held in Guwahati. The Games will see a participation of more than 10,000 athletes and officials.
- It will be conducted in partnership with Indian Olympic Association(IOA), School Games Federation of India(SGFI) & Assam as host State.
Nikoloz Basilashvili wins the German Tennis Championships
Nikoloz Basilashvili (Georgia) wins the German Tennis Championships. He defeated Andrey Rublev to successfully defend his title at the German Tennis Championships.
- With the win, he has become first player to win the event in successive years since Roger Federer in 2004-2005.
Vinayak S Hiremath youngest doctor to be felicitated with ‘Pride of Nation Award’
Dr Vinayak S Hiremath, who is known for his exemplary work in the field of medicine and is the youngest doctor of Gulbarga (Karnataka), has been felicitated with the ‘Pride of the Nation Award’.
- The ceremony was held at NCC auditorium parade grounds in New Delhi on the occasion of Kargil Vijay Diwas. Dr Vinayak S Hiremath was given this honour by the Defence Minister of India, Rajnath Singh.
Former Gujarat MP Vitthal Radadiya passes away
Former Gujarat MP Vitthal Radadiya passed away recently. He was one of the Saurashtra’s most prominent politicians and was former Member of Parliament from Porbandar in Gujarat.
Former CM of Meghalaya Donkupar Roy passes away
Meghalaya Assembly Speaker and former Meghalaya Chief Minister Donkupar Roy passed away.
Saudi Prince Bandar bin Abdulaziz Al Saud passes away
Saudi Prince Bandar bin Abdulaziz Al Saud passed away at the age of 96. Born in 1923, Bandar was the 10th and the eldest son of Saudi Arabia’s founding monarch Abdulaziz Al Saud.
World Hepatitis Day
World Hepatitis Day, observed on July 28 every year, aims to raise global awareness of hepatitis — a group of infectious diseases known as Hepatitis A, B, C, D, and E — and encourage prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- The host country for World Hepatitis Day 2019 is Pakistan.
- The theme for 2019 World Hepatitis Day is “Invest in eliminating hepatitis”.