Daily Current Affairs 29 October 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
NIA branches to be set up in all states by 2024: Amit Shah
Union home minister Amit Shah the government will set-up branches of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in all the states by 2024 to deal with terrorism cases, even as he asked them (the states) to join hands with the Centre in dealing with borderless crimes, cross-border terrorism and organized crimes.
- He was announced at the ‘Chintan Shivir’ which has been organised with the objective to prepare an action plan for the implementation of ‘Vision 2047’ and ‘Panch Pran’ announced in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Independence Day speech.
- The chief ministers of eight states and home ministers and deputy chief ministers of 16 states have gathered in Faridabad for the two-day event, which is being chaired by Amit Shah. Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the session through video-conferencing.
In a first, UNSC Counter-Terrorism Committee meets in Mumbai
The two-day UNSC’s Counter-Terrorism Committee (CTC) meeting held at Mumbai’s Hotel Taj Palace.
- This is the first time such a meeting of the UNSC-CTC is being held in India. The meeting focuses on “new and emerging technologies” to counter-terrorism.
- As part of the meeting, the Counter-Terrorism Committee will hear from experts on countering the financing of terrorism in the local and regional context, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar said during the “Soft opening session”.
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik launches ‘Safal’ common credit portal for farmers
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched a common credit portal ‘SAFAL’ (Simplified Application for Agricultural Loans) for the welfare of farmers.
- The facility will enable farmers and agri-entrepreneurs to access more than 300 term loan products of over 40 banks, the chief minister said while launching the portal.
- It has also been integrated with Krushak Odisha and will have access to 70-plus model project reports.
Gujarat achieves 100 percenthousehold tap connections under Jal Jeevan Mission
Gujarat has been declared as a 100 percent ‘Har Ghar Jal’ state. It means all households in rural areas have access to safe drinking water through taps in the state.
- As per the government data, all 91,73,378 houses in the state now have water connections.Gujarat is now the third big state, after Haryana and Telangana that has now declared completion of the Jal Jeevan Mission.
Dehradun to host national meet on integration of traditional science with modern tech
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology; Minister of State (Independent Charge) Earth Sciences; MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh said that the 3-day “Akash for Life” Space Conference will showcase blending of traditional and modern knowledge through an extended integration of all schools of thought. The event is scheduled to be held at Dehradun from 5th to 7th November, 2022.
- The main aim of the conclave is to expose the youth of India to the wisdoms of ancient science along with modern scientific advancements.
- The campaign ‘Sumangalam’ is being organised across the country for finding the solutions to the environmental problems like global warming and climate With an Indian perspective.
BANKING & FINANCE
BSE Launched Electronic Gold Receipts
BSE, or the Bombay Stock Exchange, launched Electronic Gold Receipt (EGR) on its platform.
- It introduced two new products of 995 and 999 purity during the Muhurat trading on Diwali. Trading will be in multiples of 1 gram and deliveries in multiples of 10 gram and 100 gram.
Indian Bank offers bouquet of digital products under Project Wave
PSU lender Indian Bank has launched several digital initiatives under “Project WAVE” in a bid to enhance the customer experience through integrated services on its digital platform.
- Indian Bank along with Universal Sompo General Insurance will provide online vehicle and health insurance through its mobile banking app IndOASIS.
- This digital collaboration would enable the bank’s customers to access and buy general insurance products digitally, anytime, anywhere, thus augmenting the insurance inclusion in India.
- Under the co-lending arrangement, Indian Bank has partnered with Rupeek Capital Pvt. Ltd, to offer jewel loans at customer doorsteps. The entire gold loan journey will be through digital platform and not require any physical visit to the bank branch by the customer.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Zee, Sony to sell 3 Hindi channels to address CCI concerns
Sony India and Zee Entertainment Enterprises (ZEEL) have agreed to sell three Hindi channels, Big Magic, Zee Action and Zee Classic to address anti-competition concerns arising out of their proposed merger.
- The broadcasters submitted their proposal to the Competition Commission of India (CCI), which gave a conditional approval on October 4. The CCI made public its detailed 58-page order, specifying the channels that would be dropped.
- Incidentally, all three channels belong to the Zee network. While Big Magic is a Hindi general entertainment channel, Zee Action and Zee Classic are Hindi-language film channels.
Elon Musk fires Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal
Tesla CEO Elon Musk has finally taken over as Twitter boss and his first job was to reportedly fire Indian-origin CEO Parag Agrawal, Chief Financial Officer Ned Segal, the company’s policy chief Vijaya Gadde and others.
- The India-born Agrawal was appointed as Twitter’s CEO in November 2021 after Jack Dorsey stepped down. At the time, Dorsey had fully endorsed Agrawal. Given Musk has fired him, Agrawal’s stint at the job was less than a year.
Delhi Airport ranked world’s 10th busiest airport: Report
The Indira Gandhi International Airport in the national capital has emerged as the world’s 10th busiest airport in October, improving its ranking compared to the pre-pandemic period.
- In its report, aviation analytics firm OAG said Delhi airport has improved its position from 14th place in October 2019, which was the pre-pandemic time. In October 2022, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport was the busiest in the world.
- After Atlanta, Dubai and Tokyo Haneda airports are at the 2nd and 3rd positions, respectively.