Daily Current Affairs 30 September 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
India climbs to 40th rank in Global Innovation Index
India has climbed to the 40th rank in the Global Innovation Index of World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). This is a huge leap of 41 places in 7 years.
- Switzerland has emerged as the world’s most innovative economy for the 12th consecutive year.
- The second position was secured by the US followed by Sweden, the UK, and the Netherlands.
HM Amit Shah approves release of Rs. 488 crore to UP, Punjab, Goa under State Disaster Mitigation Fund
Home Minister Amit Shah approved the release of 488 crore rupees as Central share of the State Disaster Mitigation Fund to Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Goa for 2021-22.
- Based on the recommendations of the 15th Finance Commission, the Central Government has allocated over 32 thousand crore rupees for the SDMF and over 13 thousand 693 crore rupees for the National Disaster Mitigation Fund for the years 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- These mitigation funds are to be used for undertaking mitigation activities, involving local level and community-based interventions. This will reduce the risks from disasters and promote environment-friendly settlements and livelihood practices.
US economy drops at 0.6% annual rate from April through June
Battered by surging consumer prices and rising interest rates, the US economy shrank at a 0.6% annual rate from April through June, the government announced, unchanged from its previous second-quarter estimate.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Repo rate hiked by 50 bps to 5.9%, FY23 inflation projection retained at 6.7%
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on September 30 announced a 50 basis points hike in the repo rate stepping up its fight against persistently high inflation.
- Repo is the rate at which the central bank lends short-term funds to banks. One bps is one-hundredth of a percentage point. With the latest rate hike, the repo rate now stands at 5.9 per cent.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has projected 7% real GDP growth for the Financial year 2023 (FY23). Inflation in India is predicted to remain 6.7%.
PM declares 36th National Games open in Ahmedabad
PM Narendra Modi declared the 36th National Games open at Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. During the event, the Prime Minister also inaugurated the world-class “Swarnim Gujarat Sports University” in Desar.
- More than 7000 athletes, more than 15000 participants, more than 35000 colleges, universities and schools and the direct connection of more than 50 lakh students are participating in the Games.
- Remarking on the official mascot for the National Games 2022 is Savaj, the Asiatic lion, the Prime Minister said that the mascot reflects the mood of India’s youth, a passion for fearless entry into the sporting arena.
- The sporting events will be organised in six cities of Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot and Bhavnagar.
Gen Anil Chauhan assumes charge as Chief of Defence Staff
General Anil Chauhan took charge as India’s 2nd Chief of Defence Staff, more than nine months after the death of General Bipin Rawat, the country’s first CDS. Gen Chauhan said he was proud to be assuming the responsibility of the highest rank in the Indian armed forces.
Nikhil Kamath, cofounder of Zerodha, topped the ‘IIFL Wealth Hurun India 40 & Under Self-Made Rich List 2022’ with a net worth of Rs 17,500 crore. Bhavish Aggarwal, the founder of Ola, came in second place (Rs 11,700 crore), and Divyank Turakhia of Media.net in third place (Rs 11,200 crore).
- Kaivalya Vohra, the 19-year-old co-founder of Zepto, the instant grocery app, is the list’s youngest self-made entrepreneur, while Indian-American Neha Narkhede, co-founder of Confluent, a streaming data technology company, is the list’s youngest self-made woman entrepreneur. Her fortune is valued at Rs 4,700 crore, and she ranks tenth on the list.
President Droupadi Murmu confers 68th National Film Awards
President Droupadi Murmu conferred on the winners the 68th National Film Awards in New Delhi.
- Dada Saheb Phalke award for year 2020 was given to legendary actress Asha Parekh.
- Best feature film award was given to Tamil film Soorarai Pottru.
- Hindi film Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior’ got the Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment.
- Ajay Devgan received Best Actor award for film, Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior and and Suriya also received the best actor award for film, Soorarai Pottru.
- Aparna Balamurali was awarded the Best Actress Award for Soorarai Pottru.
- Dangi language non feature film Testimony of Ana was given award for Best Non-Feature Film.
- Marathi Film Funeral was awarded the Best Film on Social Issues.
- Sachidanandan KR received Best Director Award for Malayalam Film AK Ayyappanum Koshiyum.
- Marathi Film Sumi got the award for Best Children’s Film.
- Manoj Muntashir got award for Best Lyrics in Hindi Film Saina.
- Rahul Deshpande received award for Best Male Playback Singer for Marathi Film Mi Vasantrao.
- Nanchamma got award for Best Female Playback Singer for Malayalam Film AK Ayyappanum Koshiyum.
- Kannada film Taledanda got award for Best Film on Environment Conservation and Preservation.
- Supratim Bhol got Best Cinematography award for Bengali film Avijatrik.
Former MP, first Chairperson of National Commission for Women Jayanti Patnaik passes away
Jayanti Pattnaik– the first chairperson of the National Women Commission, former MP and wife of late Odisha Chief Minister Janaki Ballav Pattnaik passed away in Odisha’s capital Bhubaneswar.