Daily Current Affairs 7 January 2018 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
FM Arun Jaitley -chaired panel to look into old port projects
The government formed a ministerial committee headed by finance minister Arun Jaitley to decide what to do with old, pre-existing projects in ports, which have become unviable.
- Around 10 old projects, under the shipping ministry, have been stuck in non-profitability because operating under the contract conditions which existed a decade or so ago have kept them in a state of unviability for years. The government wants to address this legal tangle.
HP govt to set up helpline for reporting crime against women
In a significant decision after taking over as Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister, Jai Ram Thakur announced setting up of a 24×7 helpline, called Gudiya, for women. He said special women cells would be created in all three police ranges in the state to deal with crime against women.
- The government would also set up Atal helpline for reporting corruption cases and Hoshiar Singh helpline for other cases of crime. All these would be monitored by the CMs office and action taken would be reported within 48 hours.
Khelo India logo launched
Union Minister of State ( I/C)Youth Affairs and Sports Col Rajyavardhan Rathore has launched the vibrant Khelo India logo, reflecting the freshness, agility and vitality of New India.
- The three-stroke Khelo India logo, designed by Ogilvy India. The logo conveys an impression of fitness and competitiveness.
- The colour of the Indian flag evoke a sense of National pride and team-work.
Gilles Simon wins inaugural Tata Open title
Gilles Simon of France has lifted the inaugural Tata Open Maharashtra Tennis trophy. The tournament is India’s only ATP event.
Powerlifting world champion Saksham Yadav passes away
Indian Powerlifting world champion Saksham Yadav, who met with a car accident has passed away.
Lagaan actor Shrivallabh Vyas passes away
Lagaan actor Shrivallabh Vyas has passed away. He had appeared in over 60 Hindi films, with occasional stints in regional cinema, television and theatre.
First shuttle commander US astronaut John Young passes away
Legendary astronaut John Young (from USA), who walked on the moon and flew the first space shuttle mission has passed away.
- Young’s career at NASA stretched for 42 years, during which he became the first human to fly in space six times. In 1965, Young flew on the first manned Gemini mission and commanded another the next year. In 1969, he became the first person to orbit the Moon alone for Apollo 10.
Click here to read Current Affairs in English
Click here to read Current Affairs in Hindi
4 Thoughts to “Daily Current Affairs 7th January, 2018”
Thank u ji !!
thank u mam