Daily Current Affairs 7 January 2023 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Kerala gets world’s first palm-leaf manuscript museum
Kerala Chief Minister(CM) Pinarayi Vijayan has inaugurated the Palm leaf Manuscript Museum with modern audio-visual technology at the renovated Central Archives, Fort area in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- The Museum, promoted as “World’s First Palm-Leaf Manuscript Museum” was set up by the Archives Department in association with the Kerala Museum of History and Heritage at a cost of Rs 3 crore.
- The museum is a repository of curious nuggets of administrative, socio-cultural and economic facets of the Travancore kingdom which lasted for 650 years till the end of the 19th century. It had been the Central Vernacular Records Office since 1887 before becoming a museum.
Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur launches logo, website & themes of Y20 Summit in New Delhi
Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur launched the themes, logo and website of Y20 summit in the Curtain raiser event of Y20 Summit India. India is hosting the Y20 summit for the first time.Youth 20 (Y20) is the official youth engagement group of G20. It provides a platform that allows youth to express their vision and ideas on the G20 priorities.
- The Youth 20 India Summit brings together the trustees of our future generations from across the G20 countries to deliberate, discuss and deduce innovative, sustainable, and actionable solutions, especially in the realm of social development.
- For India, the G20 Presidency also marks the beginning of “Amritkaal”, the 25-year period beginning from the 75th anniversary of its independence on 15 August 2022, leading up to the centenary of its independence, towards a futuristic, prosperous, inclusive and developed society, distinguished by a human-centric approach at its core.
Odisha CM Patnaik inaugurates the state-of-the -art hockey stadium in Rourkela
Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai released the logo and mascot of the National Youth Festival to be held in Hubballi-Dharwad twin cities from the 12th to 16th of January in Karnataka.
- The Railway board announced that they would allocate special bogies for the participants coming to Dharwad by train from across the country. The Union Sports Minister announced a cash award of 50000 rupees for Bansilal Ketki of Orissa whose logo design was accepted by the Youth Festival Committee. The logo is inspired by Lotus, the national flower.
- The Minister also announced a 50,000 rupees cash award for the Champi Chikka elephant mascot designed by Inbam of Bengaluru. The theme of the 26th Youth Festival is Vikasit Yuva-Vikasit Bharat.
BANKING & FINANCE
Axis Bank, OPEN to launch fully digital current account proposition for businesses
Axis Bank, India’s third largest private sector bank has partnered with the world’s fastest-growing digital banking enterprise, OPEN, to provide a fully native digital current account journey for its customers including SMEs, freelancers, homepreneurs, influencers and more.
- This partnership offers the larger business community access to Axis Bank’s holistic banking experience coupled with OPEN’s end-to-end financial automation tools for business management including payments, accounting, payroll, compliance, expense management and several other services.
- This is Axis Bank’s first-ever partnership with a fintech player to launch a fully digital current account. The product is live on OPEN’s website (www.open.money).
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Indian GDP pegged to grow at 7% in FY23: NSOs advance estimates
The first advance estimate for 2022-23 released by the National Statistical Office (NSO) estimated GDP growth at 7%, slower than the 8.7% expansion posted in 2021-22. The estimate is a shade higher than the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), which pegged it at 6.8%.
- Real GDP or GDP at Constant (2011-12) Prices in the year 2022-23 is estimated at Rs 157.60 trillion, as against the Provisional Estimate of GDP for the year 2021-22 of Rs 147.36 trillion, released on May 31, 2022.
Hyderabad to host first-ever ABB FIA Formula E World Championship race in India
The countdown to the first-ever ABB FIA Formula E World Championship race in India to be held in Hyderabad on February 11 kicked off with the sale of tickets for the prestigious event getting underway.
- Hyderabad race on February 11 will be the fourth race of the season, season 9 of Formula E, the first three include Mexico City and Riyadh (second and third).
- A total of 11 teams with 22 cars would be racing here and they include some of the top racing companies, he said. The track is about 2.8 kms.
International Hockey Federation signs JSW as global World Cup partner
The International Hockey Federation (FIH) has signed a partnership with the JSW Group for the upcoming FIH Odisha Hockey Men’s World Cup 2023 Bhubaneswar-Rourkela, which will kick-off later this month.
- The group supports and promotes Olympics in India and has created an Olympic Training Institute in the Inspire Institute of Sport as well as has Olympic training centres across the country.
Belinda Clark becomes first women cricketer to have a statue cast, sculpture unveiled at Sydney Cricket Ground
Australia’s Belinda Clark has become the first female cricketer to have a a bronze sculpture of the trailblazing former captain unveiled outside Sydney Cricket Ground.
- Clark played 15 tests and over 100 limited overs matches between 1991-2005, and became the first cricketer to score a double-hundred in one-day internationals when she made an unbeaten 229 against Denmark in 1997.
- The 52-year-old’s statue stands alongside Richie Benaud, Fred Spofforth, Stan McCabe and Steve Waugh as cricketers honoured with sculptures in the SCG precinct. at the ground.
Saiyam Mehra appointed as New Chairman & Rajesh Rokde as Vice Chairman of GJC
The members of the All India Gem and Jewelry Domestic Council (GJC) elected Sayam Mehra as the chairman and Rajesh Rokade as the vice-chairman of the body for a period of two years (2023-24).
- Saiyam Mehra, known for his vision to set benchmarks in the gold jewellery business, has been associated with GJC for the past several years.Being the convener, he ably led GJC’s biggest B2B expo – GJS and chalked out its roadmap for the years to come