Daily Current Affairs 7 July 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Punjab Cabinet gives final approval to 600 units of free power to every household per billing cycle
Punjab Cabinet gave final approval for the policy governing the decision to provide 600 units of free power to every household per billing cycle in the state with effect from July 1, 2022.
- As per the decision Scheduled caste (SC), Non-SC BPL, Freedom fighters of Punjab and their grandchildren and Backward Class (BC) domestic consumers who are currently eligible for free 400 units of power will also get a subsidy of 600 units now.
Rajasthan govt set to introduce India’s first right-to-health Bill
The Rajasthan government is soon likely to introduce in the Assembly the Right to Health Bill — the first of its kind in India — which aims to commit to quality and affordable health care services through government and private health care providers.
- The state has also ensured health security of every family by providing free treatment up to Rs 10 lakh to the people through Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana. Along with this, an accident insurance of up to Rs 5 lakh is being given to the families registered in the scheme.
Ernakulam dairy set to become nation’s first fully solar powered plant
Laying the foundation for a solar power project at a Milma dairy plant in Kochi, Union Minister of State, who holds the Information, Broadcasting, Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairy Development portfolios, L Murugan said it is on its way to become the country’s first fully solar powered dairy plant and expressed confidence that the facility would be a model for the country as a whole.
GRSE inks pact with West Bengal govt for construction of next-gen electric ferry
Taking a revolutionary step towards reducing carbon emission in the water transport sector, Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd, a leading warship building company in the country, has signed a contract with West Bengal government for design and construction of next-generation electric ferry.
- This ‘Green’ vessel has the potential to replace the conventional diesel engine driven ferries operated in Hooghly river. The arrival of electric ferry shall transform the inland water transport system in National Waterway- 1(NW-1) which is being developed from Haldia to Varanasi under the Ministry of Shipping.
BANKING & FINANCE
Kerala Forest & Wildlife Dept ties up with South Indian Bank for digital payment collection
The South Indian Bank has signed an agreement with Kerala’s Forest and Wildlife Department to enable digital collection of payments at eco-tourism centres, Vanasree shops, mobile Vanasree units and eco-shops across the State.
- Through this partnership, the digital collection system of South Indian Bank will now be available at all 124 tourist spots that fall under the Forest Department.
SBI General Insurance launches cyber insurance cover for individuals
SBI General Insurance has launched the Cyber VaultEdge insurance plan, a comprehensive cyber insurance cover for individuals that provides protection against financial losses arising from cyber risks and attacks, said the firm in its statement.
- The pandemic has led to a significant increase in adoption of digital infrastructure across services. Individuals were forced to adopt work from home model (WFH) and various digital methods of operating for most services, including payments.
Union Minister Smriti Irani gets additional charge of Minority Affairs and Jyotiraditya Scindia of Steel Ministry
Women and Child Development Minister Smriti Irani has been assigned the charge of Ministry of Minority Affairs, in addition to her existing portfolio. Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia has been given the additional charge of the Ministry of Steel. The developments come after the President accepted the resignations of Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and Steel Minister Ram Chandra Prasad Singh from the Union Council of Ministers.
Lt Gen Subramanian appointed as Force Commander of UN Mission in South Sudan
Lieutenant General Mohan Subramanian of the Indian Army has been appointed by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres as his new Force Commander of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS).
- Lt. Gen. Subramanian succeeds Lt. Gen. Shailesh Tinaikar.
Garmin India announced Kaustubh Radkar as brand ambassador for the Fitness Segment
Garmin India, a unit of Garmin, has on-boarded Indian triathlete, Kaustubh Radkar as a brand ambassador of Garmin’s fitness segment. While he has been involved with Garmin India as a coach, Kaustubh Radkar will now be the face of Garmin’s fitness segment in India which includes running, cycling and swimming featuring devices such as the Forerunner GPS Smartwatch, Edge GPS bike computer, Rally Series and Tacx series.
Former Bihar minister Narendra Singh passes away at 75
Former Bihar agriculture minister and a veteran socialist leader, Narendra Singh, has passed away in Patna after a prolonged illness. He was 75.
Freedom fighter Gandhian P Gopinathan Nair dies at 100 in Kerala
Freedom fighter P. Gopinathan Nair has passed away at the age of 100. Nair was undergoing treatment for age-related ailments.
- P Gopinathan Nair was known for following Gandhian ideology in his life and was honoured with the Padma award. He had participated in the freedom struggle.