Directions(1-5): In the given questions, a statement has been divided into five segments, each of which is denoted by (A), (B), (C), (D) and (E). Rearrange all the segments to form a coherent statement.
- A. the packages were immediately
B. were appropriately handled
C. explosive devices and
D. identified during routine mail
E. screening procedures as potentialABCDEADECBCADEBDBCEAEDCBAOption B
- A) many families which
B) predominantly speaking English and
C) clustered throughout the affluent
D) sections of urban India are
E) not the tongues they grew up withABCDEBACDECDABEDCABEAEBCDOption C
- A) the farmers in Haryana
B) was a health risk, even
C) for their own family
D) that burning residue
E) and Punjab do not thinkABCDEBDACECBDAEECADBAEDBCOption E
- A. defecation in rural India
B. of the labour market for
C. latrine pit emptying is one reason
D. the caste-related complication
E. why there is so much openDBCAEDBCEACABDEABCDEABECDOption B
- A. a government order in Punjab and
B. than the peak of summer
C. Haryana requires paddy farmers
D. closer to the monsoon, rather
E. to wait for transplantation untilACBDEABCDEACEDBBDECACEBADOption C
- We cannot survive in the global market (until we equip) our next generation with computers.
unless we equipuntil we can equipunless we equippeduntil we equippedNo correction requiredOption A
- The students should (not being regimented) and we should let them choose their dresses for attending the university.
be not regimentednot be regimentedbeing not regimentednot being regimentNo correction requiredOption B
- It is the only method through which students can (risk their demands) before authorities.
Put their demandsLink their demandsSlow their demandsLive their demandsNo correction requiredOption A
“Put their demands” is a common phrase which is used to describe a situation in which some kind of request is generated to any person or group of persons which are in higher position.
- If customers do not keep money for longer duration in the banks, it will result in the (liquidity reduced) level of banks.
slow of liquidityLiquidity in reductionSlowdown of liquidReduction of liquidityNo correction requiredOption D
- The automation in various sectors will also yield commendable outcome to boost the economy of our country that will, in turn, (taking care of) unemployment.
Take care ofResuming care ofCare take ofOf taking careNo correction requiredOption A
Directions(6-10): In the given questions, a part of the sentence is printed in bold. Below the sentence, alternatives to the emboldened part are given as (A), (B), (C) and (D), which may help improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative out of the given five options. In case the given sentence is correct, your answer will be option (E), i.e., “No correction required”.