Directions(1-5): Given below are six statements A, B, C, D, E and F, which when arranged in the correct order, form a coherent and meaningful paragraph. The sentence marked D is fixed and would fit in the fourth position. Rearrange the other statements in a proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph, then answer the questions that follow.
- A) The designer, who won the Young Fashion Entrepreneur of the Year award, believes that coral is flattering for the Indian skin.
B) Another one says that coral has always been one of the best colours for the day time and couture in India.
C) Pantone has chosen coral to be the Colour of the Year, but how will we see it in Indian fashion is a question.”
D) “It’s going to be the perfect spring-summer colour for us”, he adds.
E) It combines the beauty of orange and red and makes it fresh.
F) He says that coral is a warm colour that complements the Indian skin tone perfectly.
Which of the following will be the first statement after rearrangement?ABCEFOption C
- Which of the following will be the second statement after rearrangement?
- Which of the following will be the third statement after rearrangement?
- Which of the following will be the fifth statement after rearrangement?
- Which of the following will be the last statement after rearrangement?
The correct sequence after rearrangement is CAFDBE.
- The health minister ______________ that Beijing should have let the world know about the coronavirus much sooner.
The sentence is in past tense. Thus, the verb in the blank should be in past tense. Thus, that makes option C and D invalid. Option A means to make a characteristic weak, wavering cry, generally done by sheep, goats or a calf. The word ‘serenade’ means entertain (someone) with a piece of music sung or played in the open air. ‘Iterate’ means perform or utter repeatedly. Thus, it fits in the blank perfectly.
- The entire Bollywood is in shock after the sudden demise of veteran actor Rishi Kapoor ________________ cancer.
AlbeitBreak downAsk aroundDue toCall onOption D
Albeit means though
Break down means suddenly cease to function.
Ask around means to speak to a number of different people in order to try and get some information.
Due to means because of
Call on means pay a visit to
- The Arabian horse is (between the most superior compared with) many modern breeds, and they have large eyes, a distinctive head and face shape, a high tail carriage and long necks.
among the most superior compared tobetween the most superior compared toamong the most superior compared withamong most superior compared withNo correction requiredOption A
- People with memory loss or other possible signs of Alzheimer’s (may find it hardening to recognize) they have a problem.
may find it hard to recognizesmay find it hard to recognizemay find it hardening recognizingmay find it hard to recognizedNo correction requiredOption B
The emboldened segment is erroneous.
An adjective is required to modify the noun ‘it’ while a verb is used which is erroneous.
Hence, the emboldened segment must be replaced with ‘may find it hard to recognize’ to form a grammatically correct sentence.
- For more than three decades, central bankers has played puppeteer for financial markets, propping them up when things turn ugly.
have played puppeteer tohas played puppeteer tohave played puppeteer forhad played puppeteer forNo correction requiredOption A
The subject, ‘bankers’, in the sentence is plural. Hence, the verb must also be plural to maintain the subject verb agreement. Also, ‘puppeteer’ is always followed by the preposition ‘to’. Hence, the emboldened segment must be replaced with ‘have played puppeteer to’ to form a grammatically correct sentence.
Directions(6-7): A sentence with one blank is given, indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the word that best fits the blank appropriately.
Directions(8-10): In the given question, a part of the sentence is printed in bold. Below the sentence alternatives to the bold part are given at (A), (B), (C) and (D) which may help improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case the given sentence is correct, your answer is (E) i.e. ‘No correction required’.