Directions (1 – 5): Study the following bar graph and answer the questions that follow.
Votes are polled in 10 constituencies of Haryana. After the polls, some votes were declared invalid.
The bar chart shows the % of votes received by the winning and the losing candidates (Suppose there are only 2 candidates) out of the “valid votes”, which is “total votes” polled minus the “invalid votes”. The one which got the highest number of votes from the “valid votes” was declared the winner.
The total number of invalid votes in each constituency – Karnal, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Hisar, Sirsa, Bhiwani, Ambala, Rohtak, Panipat and Kurukshetra are 3800, 2000, 11400, 0, 2700, 150, 4200, 360, 320, 6800 respectively.
- What is the total number of voters in the given 10 constituencies of Haryana?
E) Cannot be determined
- What is the difference between the number of votes received by the winning and the losing candidate from Sirsa?
- What is the total number of valid votes received by winning candidates from Panipat, Ambala and Karnal together?
E) Cannot be determined
- In the last elections, there was a total of 3,00,000 voters in these 10 constituencies. If this time, there is an increase by 10%, thhen what is eth total number of voters from Hisar?
- What is the total number of valid votes from Bhiwani and Kurukshetra together?
Directions (6 – 10): Study the following bar graph and answer the questions that follow.
The bar graph shows the percentage of students passing in various standards in a school. Maximum marks for each subject of every class is same.
- If the number of boys and girls passing in class 5 are same, then what is the ratio between the number of boys and girls in class 5?
A) 4 : 3
B) 5 : 3
C) 4 : 9
D) 3 : 4
E) 3 : 8
- In class 7, 44% of the total students got passed. If total number of boys in class 7 is 200, then what is the total number of girls in class 7?
- If the total number of boys and girls in each class is 150 and 120 respectively, then what is overall pass percentage of the school?
- If the ratio between the number of boys and the number of girls in class 9 is 4 : 1, then what is the ratio between number of boys passed and number of girls passed in class 9?
A) 9 : 4
B) 9 : 5
C) 4 : 1
D) 6 : 7
E) 7 : 2
- Assuming the data of question 8, if the overall average marks of boys is 50% and that of girls is 60%, then what is the average marks of the students in the school?