Daily Current Affairs 10 September 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
US unveils $2B in military aid for Europe, arms for Ukraine
The U.S. unveiled nearly $3 billion in new aid for Ukraine and 18 of its neighbors as Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin met with allies in Germany and Secretary of State Antony Blinken made an unscheduled visit to Kyiv.
- Alongside a $675 million package of heavy weaponry, ammunition and armored vehicles for Ukraine, the administration notified Congress of its intent to make $2.2 billion in new Foreign Military Financing available. The recipients include NATO members and Eastern European security partners the State Department called “most potentially at risk for future Russian aggression.”
BANKING & FINANCE
HDFC launches “Bank on Wheels” in Gujarat
Private lender HDFC Bank launched its Bank on Wheels service in Gujarat. In order to increase accessibility, the Rural Banking division of the bank has launched “Bank on Wheels” vans that will go to far-flung communities that are 10 to 25 kilometres from the closest branch.
- Customers get access to 21 banking services and products. The van will cover three towns in a day and operate at each place for a certain amount of time. The vehicle will also make two weekly trips to each community.
LIC launches new Pension Plus (Plan No 867)
The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has launched the New Pension Plus plan which allows young people to set aside money for their retirement.
- This unit-linked, non-participating individual pension plan helps build corpus through systematic and disciplined saving, which can then be converted into regular income by purchasing an annuity plan upon term completion.
- The New Pension Plus policy can be purchased offline through brokers or other middlemen and online directly through the www.licindia.in website.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
WAARE partners with SBI to finance projects for consumers, channel partners
WAAREE, India’s largest Solar Panel manufacturer, has entered into an agreement with SBI for availing unsecured financing for solar projects through Surya Shakti Solar Finance Scheme and providing working capital for Channel Partners under EDFS (Electronic dealer finance scheme).
- WAAREE intends to leverage over 500 Cr of a credit line through Surya Shakti Solar Finance Scheme and provide a digital platform for hassle-free journey to loan applicants for financing solar projects.
Australia captain Aaron Finch announces retirement from ODI cricket
Australia captain Aaron Finch will retire from one-day international cricket, with ODI against New Zealand set to be his last in the format.
- Finch who has represented Australia in the 145 ODIs has endured an awful run of form in 50-over cricket this year, scoring only 26 runs in his last seven innings.
- Despite the end of his ODI career, Finch will exit with an impressive record that includes over 5400 runs with 17 centuries under his name. He made his debut against Sri Lanka at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) in 2013 and smashed his maiden hundred against Scotland, scoring 148 runs.
Dinesh Kumar Batra takes charge as CMD of BEL
Dinesh Kumar Batra, Director (Finance) & CFO, has taken additional charge as Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of Navratna Defence PSU Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) with effect from September 8,2022.
- As Director (Finance) & CFO, Batra steered BEL to achieve its highest ever turnover of Rs 15,044 crore and Profit After Tax (PAT) of Rs 2,349 crore in FY 2021-22, the Bengaluru-headquartered company noted in a statement.
Ajit Kumar Saxena appointed CMD of MOIL Limited
The public enterprise’s selection board (PESB) has chosen Ajit Kumar Saxena for the post of Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of “A” Miniratna Category-I Company, MOIL Limited.
- At present, Ajit Kumar Saxena is serving as Director (Operations) of RINL-Visakhapatnam Steel Plant since October 17, 2019. he also worked as Chief General Manager, Mills, IISCO, Burnpur, Steel Authority of India Ltd.
Pintola appoints Sunil Chhetri as brand ambassador
Pintola, the homegrown food brand, has got onboard the skipper of the Indian national football team, Sunil Chhetri, as brand ambassador.
- The renowned Indian football player will be the face of the entity’s nut butter brand in a multi-year deal. With this collaboration, Chhetri has marked his first collaboration with an FMCG brand in the country.
Austria’s Volker Turk set to become next UN human rights chief
United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres appointed Volker Turk of Austria as the next United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, following approval by the General Assembly.
- Turk will succeed Michelle Bachelet of Chile, who served as High Commissioner from 1 September 2018 to 31 August 2022.
Hindi writer Dr. Asghar Wajahat conferred with 31st Vyas Samman his play Mahabali in New Delhi
The 31st Vyas Samman was conferred on to well-known Hindi writer Dr. Asghar Wajahat at a function in New Delhi.
- Dr. Wajahat has been chosen for the prestigious award for his play Mahabali. In his play Mahabali, Dr. Wajahat focuses on Mughal emperor Akbar and poet Tulsidas.
- Through the play, he attempts to answer who is the real Mahabali, the poet or the emperor.