Daily Current Affairs 5 July 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi inaugurates Fifth Global Film Tourism Conclave in Mumbai
Union Minister for Minority Affairs, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi inaugurated the fifth Global Film Tourism Conclave (GFTC) at Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach, Mumbai. PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI) has organised the fifth GFTC on the theme ‘Unleashing the Power of Cinematic Tourism’ by joining hands with the Ministry of Tourism and Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
- GFTC provides a unique platform for Film Commissions, Tourism Boards and Production Houses to promote their locations, incentives and services to the vibrant Indian film industry. Film Tourism is when a viewer gets induced to visit a particular location after seeing it in a movie.
BESCOM develops ‘EV Mitra’ mobile app to provide info on EV charging stations in Bengaluru
The Bengaluru Electricity Company BESCOM has developed EV Mitra mobile app to provide information about EV charging stations in Bengaluru. The information on charges in each station for the electric vehicles to recharge are also mentioned in the app.
- The user-friendly app can be used by electric vehicle users to book in advance a slot in the station. BESCOM had earlier introduced the EV Jagruthi Web portal as a joint initiative of NITI Ayog and the United Kingdom.
- The web portal gives state specific information on the availability of electric vehicles, incentives, support mechanisms and initiatives of the state government regarding electric mobility.
NIUA’s C-Cube and WRI India launch the India Forum for Nature-Based Solutions
The National Institute of Urban Affairs’ (NIUA) Climate Centre for Cities (NIUA C-Cube), World Resources Institute India (WRI India) and their partners launched India’s first national coalition platform for urban nature-based solutions (NbS) at the 11th World Urban Forum in Poland.
- The India Forum for Nature-based Solutions aims to create a collective of NbS entrepreneurs, government entities and like-minded organisations, to help scale urban nature-based solutions.
Indian Army Organises Suraksha Manthan-2022
The Desert Corps of the Indian Army organised the “Suraksha Manthan 2022”, on aspects of Border & Coastal Security at Jodhpur (Rajasthan).
- During the course of the discussions, aspects of interoperability, operational cohesion and logistics were ironed out in order to enhance overall security along the International Boundary (IB) and coastal sectors.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
SBI Life and Paschim Banga Gramin Bank sign a bancassurance agreement
The Paschim Banga Gramin Bank has joined hands with SBI Life Insurance for a bancassurance pact.
- The partnership will see all the branches of Paschim Banga Gramin Bank across West Bengal offer SBI Life’s range of protection, wealth creation, credit life, annuity and savings products, thereby increasing accessibility of life insurance solutions in the region.
Gross GST Revenue of Rs. 1,44,616 crores collected for June 2022
The gross GST revenue collected in the month of June 2022 is Rs. 144,616 crore of which CGST is Rs. 25,306 crore, SGST is Rs. 32,406 crore, IGST is Rs. 75887 crore and cess is Rs. 11,018 crore. The gross GST collection in June 2022 is the second highest collection next to the April 2022 collection of Rs. 1,67,540 crore.
- This is the fifth time the monthly GST collection crossed Rs. 1.40 lakh crore mark since inception of GST and fourth month at a stretch since March 2022.
SBI Card, Aditya Birla Finance join hands to launch ‘Aditya Birla SBI Card’
SBI Cards and Payment Services announced that it has entered into a strategic partnership with Aditya Birla Finance (ABFL), the lending subsidiary of Aditya Birla Capital for the launch of ‘Aditya Birla SBI Card’.
- The card has been designed to give customers significant reward points on their spending around telecom, fashion, travel, dining, entertainment, and hotels, among others.
- The said credit card has been launched in two variants, ‘Aditya Birla SBI Card SELECT’ and ‘Aditya Birla SBI Card’, on the Visa platform. Cardholders can avail greater value back in the form of reward points on their spends on Aditya Birla Group companies.
Carlos Sainz won the British Grand prix Title 2022
Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz registered his first Formula One win at British Grand Prix 2022, with the Spaniard finishing ahead of the Red Bull driver Sergio Perez and Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton. Carlos Sainz claimed his first Formula One victory in his 150th race.
UK Parliament honours AIIA Director Tanuja Nesari with Ayurveda Ratna award
Recognising her contribution towards furthering the growth of Ayurveda in India and abroad, the UKs All-Party Parliamentary Group on Indian Traditional Sciences (ITSappg) conferred the prestigious Ayurveda Ratna award on Dr Tanuja Nesari.
- Dr Nesari has been honoured for her exceptional service of the highest order for the promotion of Ayurveda by an ITSappg committee.
HCL Technologies bags Microsoft Partner of the Year Awards 2022 in healthcare and life sciences category-Business Journal
HCL Technologies was recognised at Microsoft Partner of the Year Awards 2022, for innovation and implementing customer solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- HCL Tech bagged Microsoft Partner of the Year Award for Healthcare and Life Sciences (global winner) and the 2022 UK Microsoft Partner of the Year Award (country winner).
- The IT company was also named a finalist in the 2022 Microsoft Partner of the Year Award for Internet of Things (domain finalist).
Ex-Indian goalkeeper Sudhir passes away
Former India international EN Sudhir, who played as a goalkeeper for India in the 1970s, has passed away. He was in his early 70s.
Visionary British theatre director Peter Brook passes away
Peter Brook, a British theatre and cinema director whose illustrious and important career saw him win widespread praise, has passed away. He was 97.