Directions(1-5): In the given question, five words are numbered A, B, C, D and E. The positions of some highlighted words may be incorrect and need to be interchanged with another highlighted to make the sentence correct. Find the words that need to be exchanged.
- The disciplinary panel had imposed(A) that the hockey goalkeeper had not committed(B) an anti-doping violation(C) intentionally(D) but concluded(E) a ban of two years.
A-EC-EB-C and C-DA-B and C-ENo exchange requiredOption A
- Restrictive(A) to Indian and U.S. businesspersons, Mr. Ross practices(B) out at what he called India’s unfair trade lashed (C) and overly speaking(D) market access barriers(E).
B-CA-D and B-CD-ENo exchange requiredA-C and B-EOption B
- Last year, Finland lobbied(A) for the abolition(B) of European Union daylight initiative(C) time after a citizen’s savings(D) collected more than 70,000 signatures(E).
E-DC-D & E-DNo exchange requiredC-DB-COption D
- The US is facing a violence(A) in migrant arrivals(B) from Guatemala and other plagued(C) Central American countries which are impoverished(D) by gang surge (E).
A-E & C-DB-ENo exchange requiredC-DA-EOption A
- The Indian economy(A) has been clearly losing growth(B) and needs a decisive(C) monetary policy(D) to promote traction(E).
A-BA-B & C-DNo exchange requiredB-EC-D & B-EOption D
A. Forces under Gen Khalifa Haftar began an attack on the city
B. It is the proteins – enzymes and hormones, etc.,
C. Habiba wants to draw attention to how
D. Bangladeshi women have to compromise to make others happy.
E. last Thursday with the aim of wresting it from Libya’s UN-backed government.
F. that ultimately construct and maintain our bodies.B-E and C-FA-E, B-F and C-DA-F and C-DB-FA-E and C-FOption B
A. Amazon is careful to note that deleting your voice files may
B. The store is very responsive
C. The higher refresh rate leads to smoother scrolling and
D. to the needs of its customers.
E. just makes the device feel faster and more responsive.
F. make Alexa less responsive to your demands.A-E, B-FA-F, B-DB-D, C-EA-F, B-E and C-DA-F, B-D and C-EOption E
A. Masks have been a crucial aspect of the large protests
B. He has the aspect of a man used to
C. Is there an aspect of
D. intelligence that is truly universal?
E. giving orders and seeing it obeyed.
F. that have engulfed Hong Kong for months.A-F, B-EA-F, C-DB-E, C-DA-F, B-E and C-DA-E, B-F and C-DOption B
A. Increased focus on researching rare diseases
B. Even if we do our best to promote good health
C. Secondary and tertiary care in our country
D. and largely provided by a private sector.
E. there will be still a critical need for secondary and tertiary care.
F. could help develop cheaper treatments.A-E, B-FA-FA-F, C-D, B-EA-F, B-D and C-ENone of the aboveOption B
A. There are problems with
B. Citizens are now more connected to one another,
C. The town has appropriated funds to repair the bridge
D. and the work should begin this summer.
E. design of the airplane’s landing gear.
F. on platforms that have been created to made outrage contagious.A-F, B-E, C-DA-D, B-FB-F, C-DC-DA-D, C-EOption D
Directions(6-10): In this question, two columns I and II and three sentences are given, which are divided into two parts. Column I (A, B and C) consists of first half of each sentence and Column II (D, E and F) consists of the second half of each sentence. Match column I with column II, so that the sentences formed are both meaningful and grammatically correct. Choose the option as your answer.