Directions(1-5): In the given question, four words are numbered 1, 2, 3 and 4. Of these, the positions of two words may be incorrect and need to be exchanged to make the sentence correct. Find the two words which need to be exchanged. In case the given sentence is correct, your answer is (E) i.e. No correction required.
- He wasn’t making progress(1) with the Railways Ranji squad and wanted a quitting(2) from an employment contract(3) which prevented him from release(4).
1-22-33-42-4No correction requiredOption D
- Once the pathogen has been dealt with, the mounted(1) system retains versions of these specific(2) T cells, so that if the same pathogen attacks(3) again, the response can be immune(4) once more.
1-22-31-42-4No correction requiredOption C
- The council ultimately realized(1) that it had little decision(2) but to accept the Emperor’s option(3) with the best grace possible(4).
1-22-31-32-4No correction requiredOption B
- One possible explanation(1) for the rise in rural unemployment(2) which stood at 6% only a month ago is believed(3) to be early harvesting(4) of crops in several parts of the country.
1-22-31-32-4No correction requiredOption E
- The pragmatic orientation(1) of a budget has contradictions(2) the age-old precedent of accommodation of competing(3) interests, even though this is beset with several followed(4).
1-22-43-41-4No correction required.Option B
- A) Conceited
D) ResolutionA-CA-DA-BC-DB-COption D
The word ‘quandary’ means a state of perplexity or uncertainty over what to do in a difficult situation. The word ‘Resolution’ means a firm decision to do or not to do something. Thus, both the words are antonyms to each other.
The word ‘ conceited’ means ‘excessively proud of oneself; vain’. The word ‘abbey’ means ‘the building or buildings occupied by a community of monks or nuns’.
- A) Sacrosanct
D) DebunkA-CA-DA-BC-DB-COption A
The word ‘sacrosanct’ means (especially of a principle, place, or routine) regarded as too important or valuable to be interfered with. The word ‘inviolable’ means never to be broken, infringed, or dishonoured. Thus, both the words are synonyms to each other. The word ‘remould’ means ‘change the appearance, structure or characters’. The word ‘debunk’ means ‘expose the falseness or hollowness of an idea or belief’.
- Direction: In the given question, five words are printed in bold and are numbered A, B, C, D and E. The positions of some highlighted words may be incorrect and need to be exchanged with another highlighted to make the sentence correct. Find the words that need to be exchanged.
Withstand(A) companies talk about virulent(B) agriculture, they create plant varieties(C) that can while(D) being sprayed by their most sustainable(E) herbicides.A-CB-E & A-DC-EA-B & C-ENo exchange requiredOption B
- After(A) the wheat crop has been gathered(B), many farmers burn the remains(C) and plough(D) the ash into the soil, so as to enrich(E) the soil.
A-CC-D & B-CC-EA-B & C-ENo exchange requiredOption E
- Direction: In the given question, a sentence is divided into four parts. There are errors in three parts. Choose the part which doesn’t have an error. If all the four parts are correct, mark E, i.e. ‘All are correct’ as the answer.
Patients who are well enough (A)/ to turn up under their own (B)/ steam are well enough to (C)/ wait to be seen by a doctor. (D)ABCDAll are correctOption E
Directions(6-9): In the given question, four words are given of which two are most nearly the same or opposite in meaning. Find the two words and indicate your answer by marking the option which represents the correct combination.