Directions (1-5): Each question below contains two rows marked by I and II. The resultant of each row can be found by the rules given below. Answer the question followed by the rows by finding the resultant with the help of following five rules:
Step 1) If an even number is followed by an odd (prime) number, then the resultants will be additions of two numbers.
Step 2) If an odd number is followed by a perfect square, then the resultants come by subtracting smaller number from greater number.
Step 3) If an odd number is followed by another odd number, then the resultants will be additions of two numbers.
Step 4) If an even number is followed by an odd (non-prime) number, then the resultants come by subtracting smaller number from greater number.
Step 5) If an odd number is followed by an even number, then the resultants come by multiplying the numbers.
Note: For each resultant start from step 1. So for each operation priority will be given to Step 1, then step 2 and so on.
- I. 9 5 7
II. 7 16 3
Find the HCF of the resultant of two rows.
- I. 18 9 4
II. 15 x 2
If x is the resultant of first row, find the highest factor of the resultant of second row.
- I. 10 7 4
II. 22 15 5
Find the total of the resultants of the two rows.
- I. 3 8 15
II. 20 9 4
Find the multiplication of the resultants of both rows.
- I. 21 9 5
II. x 8 27
If x is the resultant of the first row, find the resultant of the second row.
- In a row, Asha is sitting at 6th position from the left end of row and Binita is sitting at 11th position from the right end of row. If there are 5 students sitting between Asha and Binita, find how many students are sitting in the row.
- Ruchika is sitting at 7th position from left end of row and Sahil is sitting at 8th position from right end of row. If both of them interchange their position, then Ruchika gets sit at 16th position from left end of row. Find the total students in the row.
- Vivan starts from his home in east direction. After walking for 8 m he turns to his right and further walks 7 m. Now he takes left turn and walks 6 m before turning to left again. Now he walks for 3 m and takes a final left turn. He stops after walking 2 m. Find his distance from the starting point.
A) 20√2 m
B) 4√5 m
C) 4√10 m
D) 2√10 m
E) 4√12 m
- For final selection, anyone can be selected only after fulfilling all of the following criteria. The person should be in the age range 24 to 30 years as on 01.02.2017. The person should have obtained at least 60% marks in his graduation degree. In the person should have got at least 80% marks in written test of recruitment exam. Also he/she should have obtained at least 40% marks in interview.
Suman fulfills all the following criteria, then which of the following criterion/criteria will not lead to her final selection?
(i) She was born on 28.09.1988.
(ii) She completed her graduation in 2014 and got 58% marks.
(iii) She got 75% in her post-graduation degree and 42% in interview held after written test.
(iv) She got the 75% marks in the written test of recruitment exam.
A) Only (i)
B) Only (ii) and (iii)
C) Only (ii) and (iv)
D) Only (iii)
E) Only (ii), (iii) and (iv)
- Find that the two conclusions given follow from which of the following statements:
Conclusions: All phones are tabs is a possibility. Some laptops are phones.
A) All tablets are tabs. No tab is phone. Some phones are laptops.
B) All tablets are tabs. No tablet is phone. Some phones are laptops.
C) Some tablets are tabs. All tabs are phones. No tablet is laptop
D) Some tablets are tabs. Some tabs are phones. Some tabs are laptops.
For other Reasoning Questions, click here.