Directions (1-5): Rearrange the following sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), and (E) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
A. People should make the habit of reduction in usage of harmful things, re-usage and recycle of things in order to generate less amount of wastes.
B. The present condition of the earth has been very challenging for the healthy existence of life because of the toxic environment, air pollution, water pollution, global warming, deforestation, and many more environmental issues.
C. We should be very clear about what products we are using in daily life and always select ecofriendly cleansing products.
D. There are numerous easy ways we can save our planet however, depends on the dedication and rate of good habit followers.
E. It should promote the development of environment friendly technologies so that they could not harm the planet.
- Which should be the LAST step after rearrangement?
The correct order of the sentences after rearrangement is BDEAC.
- Which should be the SECOND step after rearrangement?
- Which should be the FIRST step after rearrangement?
- Which should be the FOURTH step after rearrangement?
- Which should be the THIRD step after rearrangement?
- Because of the (1)ply strings in our (2)blanket, I (3)could tell the (4)shredding would soon unravel.
24142312No changeOption B
‘ply’ and ‘shredding’ are to be replaced to make the sentence contextually and grammatically correct.
- To (1) apply for membership to the (2)submit country club, you must (3)exclusive an (4)application and pay a joiners’ fee.
24122334No changeOption C
‘submit’ and ‘exclusive’ are to be replaced to make the sentence contextually and grammatically correct.
- She (1)prepared a piece (2)from Mozart’s The Magic Flute to (3)audition for her university’s musical theater (4)program.
23141312No changeOption E
- If you (1)cut a paper in half (2)those then cut (3)and halves in half, you (4)subdivide it.
14131223No changeOption D
‘those’ and ‘and’ are to be replaced to make the sentence contextually and grammatically correct.
- The death (1)toll from the tsunami was (2)across high, (3)reaching well into the tens of thousands (4)catastrophically the coastline.
24132314No changeOption A
‘across’ and ‘catastrophically’ are to be replaced to make the sentence contextually and grammatically correct.
Directions (6-10): In each of the following questions four words are given in bold. Which of the following words must replace each other so that the sentence becomes contextually correct and meaningful. If the sentence is correct as it is, choose option (E) as your answer