Directions(1-5): In each question, one sentence is given. In each sentence, certain words are in bold and numbered from A to E. Below the sentences are given five options with possible pairs of interchange of those bold words. Choose the pair(s) of words which are needed to be interchanged to make the sentence grammatically correct and meaningful.
Societal (A)norms also make it more difficult for women to network as (B)venture as men since they will often have to (C)combine their business (D)easily with their
(E)roles as mothers and wives, or caregivers for other older family members.B-DA-EC-DA-CB-COption A
- (A)Mobility, which should be taken for (B)granted, is actually a huge (C)distance for many women, (D)especially if their workplace is some (E)impediment from
- Despite all the (A)strides made in women’s rights, business is still seen as a male (B)preserve and this (C)belief makes it more difficult for women to get male (D)deal in business or (E)partners with their peers.
- Well-educated, women (A)regarding from the (B)handicap of not (C)understanding the laws (D)suffer business as they are unable to find the (E)tools to get funding
or hire the right people.B-EC-DA-BA-DD-EOption D
- While the (A)liberation of the inmates and the (B)effort of the concentration camps may have been the end of the Holocaust, it was only the beginning of the (C)closing to (D)ensure that this should never (E)happen again.
________ of the two brothers will be coming tonight. They have ______ exams tomorrow.None, thereNeither, theirNone, theirNone, hisNeither, thereOption B
- Either of the two flowers _____ fine by me. I ____ not really a picky person.
Are, areIs, areIs, amAre, amIs, willOption C
- Monica and her brother keep ________ all the time and Jack, their father, never ______ them.
Fighting, scoldsFights, scoldFighting, was scoldingFights, is scoldingFighting, scoldOption A
- Sahil _____ get his daughter to mend her ways. He has been trying really hard but he is not able to. Maybe he will ____ succeed and she will remain the same way forever.
Can, NeverCan’t, alwaysDoesn’t, NeverCan’t, neverCan, alwaysOption D
- _______ son was killed. And the couple __________ trying to cope with the sorrow for a long time, with the wife still in mourning condition.
Her, have beenTheir, have beenTheir, has beenHer, has beenTheir, wereOption C
Directions(6-10): Pick out the most effective words from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete.